January 1, 2017

January 1, 2017
Our family is complete!

Monday, October 7, 2013

Not stooping to my daughter's level....it's hard!



I have a soon-to-be-teenage-daughter, Elise, that is wonderfully helpful....and wonderfully, well, a female. I have been seriously praying to The Lord about how to handle her, by guiding her without stooping to her "level." As much as I would like to say that I'm more mature than she is, it's easier to snap back with a sarcastic comment.

Well, to my shame, I did just that the other day. I'm embarrassed to admit that, but I'm grateful that it led me to really have to assess my behavior, before it was too late. I've heard as of recent, many accounts of women with strained relationships with their daughters. I see that as warning signs, "Do Not Enter" signs. I will heed them. They are a mercy from God.


I was fuming afterwards! Aaron came and spoke with me, and I just poured it all out to him, while simultaneously pleading to God for forgiveness and help. In that moment, I remembered from Scripture that God is a covenant making God. With that, Aaron sent Elise into the room I was in. I asked her for her forgiveness. Then, got down on my knees and made a pledge to her. I promised her to be an example of a godly woman. To encourage her. To help her. To serve her the way Jesus served His disciples.

Maybe what I'm sharing can help someone. I know that I may fail in my efforts, but I will not use that as an excuse to not put forth an effort. The pledge is to remind me that I have a duty to perform as God is watching. I will be printing out a copy for myself, and for Elise. How I love that girl, as I love all my kids. Time to put it into action! God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you!