January 1, 2017

January 1, 2017
Our family is complete!

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

First day blogging

     So, I really don't know where to begin! I debated on whether or not I should start off with a formal introduction to our family, but there's really nothing formal about us! So, I thought I should just start from, well, now! 
     Today started off sooooo great! I woke up with Aaron at about 5:20 am (we like to start off our days by praying and eating breakfast with each other before he heads off to work). Well, he leaves, I go to bed to rest before the crew awakes, and I hear water. Dripping water. Pouring water. I immediately ran (walked very fast, actually...haha) upstairs, knowing that it had to be coming from the toilet, and opened the door to find water all over the floor! Ugh! So I cleaned it up, turned off the water supply to the tank, and head back downstairs to lie down for a bit. My plans were thwarted, because I start hearing the water...again. Although I'm not a plumber, I was able to figure out that the tank had a leak. So, I emptied the tank and the bowl of all the water, and cleaned up the floor. This all happened before 7:00 am. By that time, the kids were up and ready for grub. Sigh
     I'll spare you all of the details of the day, but I will say that my crew has not been on their best behavior! Maybe I'm making too much of it because I'm pretty cranky...NO....they are not cooperating! It took me about an hour to get Ethan to nap, all the while, Abbi and Ezra were being loud in the living room, when I explicitly told them to talk in whispers while I get the little guys to sleep. I love them to death, but sometimes......
     There was a redeeming time during the day for my children though. Ian and Israel wanted to get lunch ready, and they worked together to make me this awesome dish:

Yes, this is the ACTUAL dish that I photographed!! Scrumptious!
What can I say? They know the way to my heart! (Ian, the oldest, was the chef, and Israel was his assistant.)

     Well, this will have to conclude my first blog, because Ethan is awake. WOW, an hour of work for an hour nap....SHEESH!

1 comment:

I want to hear from you!