January 1, 2017

January 1, 2017
Our family is complete!

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Cheaper by the Dozen?

Okay, so sue me! I haven't updated this blog in about a year! But, I will be more diligent with it.

Today was a super awesome day! We like to think of our home as the "home that parents can bring children of any age to and not feel bad if they break something, potty on themselves, or have a tantrum" home. It was neat today having the Kings over. We did our usual before guests come- clean as if our home is always super clean-but midway through I realized that we had tons of "art" on our walls, so thought, forget it!

At first, I think I was trying too hard (hahaha)! You would think this mom of 9 would know that kids will get comfortable when they're good and ready. I think I finally won Emery over, despite that, because she gave me a kiss without my even asking! (Insert applause.) The kids played, then we went out to the park to enjoy this beautiful day that God has blessed us with. I'm always observing the kids and noticed how at ease my kids were with both Angie and Ryan (the parents). That spoke volumes!

It actually wasn't as crazy as I thought it would be with a family that has 3 kids and our family with 9, meeting for the first time to spend some play time together! Their triplets are a little over 2 years of age so it was easy for my older kids to want to spoil them. A funny scene was watching Israel carry poor Grayson (or is it Greyson?)...he carried him like he was a sack of potatoes! He seemed okay with it, though, and we all got a chuckle. Of course, Elise was enamored by Emery! Why is it that when parents are on a playground, there's this unspoken rule that you must set up a post? Hahahaha...."I'll take the northern sector by the swings....you man the jungle gym..." That was such a random thought, but I bet you're thinking about it!
Ryan & Emery King, and my daughter, Elise.

Israel sliding with Grayson (Greyson?...lol)

Angie King stopping my daughter, Amani, from escaping.

That sure is a lot of kids!


Now I'm thinking about it, actually....I know you've heard of that saying, "It takes a village to raise a child," so why don't we actually adopt that into our thinking? I love seeing others look on my kids with love in their eyes and caring for them as if they were their own. Can I be honest, it makes being a parent so much easier! You expect my family to do this (and trust me, they do), but when someone who isn't related does this, it makes my soul smile. (While typing this, I immediately pictured my friend, Krista, reading the riot act to my crew.)  What has happened to "love they neighbor as thyself"? That's another topic that I'll hold-off for now, but it seems to be a recurring theme in my mind, so I'll address it in the future.

So, we hope that the Kings enjoyed their visit and will return soon....I need another kiss from Emery!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you!