January 1, 2017

January 1, 2017
Our family is complete!

Monday, September 16, 2013

God holds up the Universe...He can keep you from falling!

I remember in the not too distant past, things were seemingly chaotic. I mean, all that could go wrong, was going wrong...and then some. I was at my wits end. I fell to my knees and cried out to the Lord. I poured all of it before Him-my fears, my frustrations. I piled them up at His feet.

I got up, wiped my tear-stained face, and opened up my bible. I asked the Lord for a Word to feed my need. I started reading in Psalms. Then, went to Matthew. They surprisingly didn't have what I needed for that moment. A voice in my conscience kept telling me to read Genesis. I opened up to it. I really don't think I got passed the first verse when I cried and laughed and praised God.

In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. ~Genesis 1:1


Listen, do you really think that the same God that put the world and the stars, and all galaxies in order, is not able to sustain you? Do you really believe that He who poured out His wrath on His Son, so that we can have life in Him, will save us to then leave us to figure things out for ourselves? The same God that knows our frailties, is the same God that makes His strength known to us in our weaknesses. If I'm keeping myself, I should be VERY afraid. Oh, but it is HE who keeps His children and is able to keep us from falling!

Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy, to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen. ~Jude 24&25

Quit leaning on your strengths. God will always put His children in a position so that they can realize it is He who has all power. He gave you life, He keeps you, He cleanses you, and one day, He'll bring you to be with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you!