January 1, 2017

January 1, 2017
Our family is complete!

Thursday, September 12, 2013

This has been weighing heavily on my mind. How often do I call God good, but only when things are going the way I want? I must trust that ALL of His ways are good!



You know what's a pet peeve of mine? When one of my kids ask me for something, and then ask me when and how it will be done. And some have had the nerve to complain because what they asked for didn't come when they had expected, or how they expected it to come. You know what I've done because of their ungratefulness? I've withheld what I was going to give them for a time. Then, I ask them if they believe I have their best interests at heart, and if they do, why did they not trust my decision and timing.

I'm not saying that God acts like me. He never has sinful motives, and He has more patience in one finger than I have in my whole body for a lifetime! But, I can only imagine how we grieve God when we act like spoiled children. When we complain when we didn't get quite what we wanted, when we wanted it. We constantly say, "God is good." Do we truly believe this? Is He still good when we lose our homes? Or when we don't get the job we applied for? Or when we see the wicked living comfortably? Ask yourself. Is He good then?


"He is the rock, His work is perfect: for all His ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is He." Deuteronomy 32:4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you!